[Foundation-l] Alternative approach for better video support

THURNER rupert rupert.thurner at wikimedia.ch
Wed Jul 25 04:26:53 UTC 2007

On 7/24/07, Daniel Arnold <arnomane at gmx.de> wrote:

> On Tuesday 24 July 2007 12:37:02 Stephen Bain wrote:
> > On 7/24/07, Anthony <wikimail at inbox.org> wrote:
> > > There are differing interpretations of what a transparent format is
> > > (most of which are pretty obviously incorrect), but distributing more
> > > than 100 copies on paper without providing any digital copy at all
> > > pretty clearly violates the requirement to have a machine readable
> > > copy.
> >
> > You're forgetting about punch cards.
>
> May I quote again my initial post
> http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/foundation-l/2007-July/032060.html of
> this thread? I didn't ask for GFDL-only debates.
>
> "At first let me point out that I appreciate the hard work of people that
> want
> to improve our projects. Please let us acknowledge the work of Erik, even
> if
> you think like me that his proposal is _definitely_ not the way to go.
> It's
> all about AGF. ;-) So please let us brainstorm how to turn this into a
> good
> opportunity for all of us without sacrificing parts of our goals and
> independence. [...]"

we currently try to help setting up a research project co financed by the
european union to exactly help improving this situation with bringing p2p
technology and wiki technology closer. and we are definitely interested in
finding people and companies with good ideas who would be able to
participate here.

we applied once, and it seems the proposal was not good enough :) but we ll
try again in 9 months or so.

rupert.