[Foundation-l] We should permit Flash video playback

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia.com
Mon Jul 23 00:00:28 UTC 2007

On Jul 19, 2007, at 10:33 PM, Ben McIlwain wrote:
> Oh, and Erik, I do wish you'd stop going off to meet people in secret
> and reporting back only once you think you've made a deal (despite
> lacking ability to push it through yourself).  You've done this before
> and it didn't meet with success.  I believe we lost the opportunity
> for
> a good partnership with Google in this manner.

I just spent the weekend with Larry and Sergei and some other
interesting people.  I can tell you without hestitation that there is
absolutely no "lost opportunity" for anything with Google.

In case any media or excitable bloggers are reading this, please do
not write a story about talks with google, pending google deals, or
anything of the sort.  This was a purely social occasion, no business
with google was discussed, I am just saying that Larry and Sergei are
the same as since I have met them: they love our work, they stand
ready to help if we need it, and stand ready to leave us alone
otherwise.  They are friends, just as we have many many many other
friends in the world.

I am only posting this because I think it is really really unfair to
Erik to put out this vibe about him.  Erik is doing great things and
I support him fully.

(I have no opinion in any details about Flash video, using Brewster
for some hosting, etc., but AGF really really applies here.)

--Jimbo