[Foundation-l] [Commons-l] We should permit Flash video playback

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen cimonavaro at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 10:14:03 UTC 2007

Just some general points.

Correct me if I am wrong; but there are substantial reasons why we are
running wikisource, and not just moving all that content to be hosted
by Project Gutenberg, under their IP regime (choice of licence) and
formatting conventions.

Infact it would be odd if wikipedia would link to "pure ascii" files as somehow
part of our content instead of insisting that all the benefits that wikimarkup
bestow be taken full use of.

As I understand it, there are also compelling reasons why we have
wikimedia commons, and aren't "hosting" all our pictures on flickr.
Can somebody clarify if I have misunderstood these two cases in
some substantial manner?