[Foundation-l] We should permit Flash video playback

geni geniice at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 01:06:08 UTC 2007

On 7/21/07, Andrew Gray <shimgray at gmail.com> wrote:
> We do have, you know, these other projects that don't involve writing
> encyclopedias.

Dictionaries don't have much different in the way of requirement.
Species has no locally hosted media. Books doesn't really need longer
vids. Haven't run across any complaints from news. Quote would tend to
have copyright issues and wikisource doesn't even have a video section
on it's main page.

[[COM:SCOPE]] clearly states "This also means that files uploaded to
the Commons have to be useful for some Wikimedia project"

I am generaly fairly aware of the non wikipedia projects.
--
geni