[Foundation-l] We should permit Flash video playback

GerardM gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 06:28:15 UTC 2007

Hoi,
Where are your arguments ?

We do have storage and bandwidth problems. We have a money problem as in too
little of it. When the Internet archive is willing to host our content, they
in effect help alleviate our problem by hosting our content and providing
bandwidth. Your argument about the copyleft stance of the Internet Archive
is beside the point as well. When they provide us with storage and
bandwidth, they do not take over from us as an organisation.. What are the
positions of Kennisnet and Yahoo on this point, see.. you missed the ball.

When you say "absolutely unacceptable"... again no arguments... you sound
like having seen the Lord. Sorry, I was not there with you when you had your
moment of inspiration, was he a she, were angels singing ??

And again, core mission, it states that our content is to be Free. So read
the core mission statement again, it does not state anywhere that the format
needs to be Free.

To summarise, you state your convictions and you do not support them at all
by arguments. I am sorry that you express yourself in this way and I hope
you also have arguments to make your point.

Thanks,
     GerardM

http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Mission_statement