[Foundation-l] Logotype font, t-shirts, Wikimedia Sweden

Alison Wheeler wikimedia at alisonwheeler.com
Fri Jul 20 00:01:45 UTC 2007

On Thu, July 19, 2007 20:03, Brion Vibber wrote:
> The standard font used for the Wikipedia logo is 'Hoefler Text'. IIRC it
> comes with most Macs; not sure offhand where to get it on other systems.

I just tracked down where to purchase it
(https://www.typography.com/storefront/) but found a distinct 'issue'
which is somewhat insurmountable. The price.

> Hoefler Text & Hoefler Titling
> 1 CPU License
> US$ 398.00

and that is listed as a "Special Offer: Save $100 on Hoefler Text and
Titling"  ffs!

If we end up 'correcting' the glyphs in the globe could we please use a
free-as-in-beer font for the colophon and text too? There are open source
fonts and to use this particular font is restrictive and way too expensive
to be reasonable for projects such as ours.

Alison