[Foundation-l] Design goals for the election and board selection process

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Wed Jul 18 21:08:48 UTC 2007

Anthony wrote:

>Well, there's always a chance that the whole concept is just going to
>be dropped, right?  Does anyone actually care about unified login, as
>defined (having the same username on all wikis)?  I know a lot of
>people care about the things which are supposedly dependent on unified
>login, like having unified contribution lists, and unified
>preferences, and unified talk page notification, but none of these
>things are actually dependent on unified login (if defined as having
>the same same username on all wikis).

Maybe the people who participate on several wikis, and who don't want to
remember a different name for each one.  Or those with a good
established reputation who could find someone using their name on a
different wiki with less than flattering results.

>Isn't it a GFDL violation to change someone's username (and thus their
>entries in the history section) without their permission?

I'm sure that if that is the case we could provide a reasonable
temporary name to the one who must change.

Ec