[Foundation-l] Design goals for the election and board selection process

Kim Bruning kim at bruning.xs4all.nl
Wed Jul 18 09:41:40 UTC 2007

On Sat, Jul 14, 2007 at 11:24:05AM -0700, Jimmy Wales wrote:

> I think we mostly do not want the
> board of the foundation elected by casual users or the general
> public, but by "the core group of the community" .

This could be a bit of a problem, since I have a feeling that
several dedicated community members were excluded this time
around. In the case of some well known community members
(like for instance Jan-Bart iirc), this got corrected. But as
always in such cases, it might be wise to investigate a
little further, you know, just in case you're looking at the
tip of an iceberg you didn't know was there.

Perhaps a poll along the lines of "I feel like I'm a member
of the community, but nevertheless was not allowed to vote"
would be useful?

sincerely,
	Kim Bruning

--
[Non-pgp mail clients may show pgp-signature as attachment]
gpg (www.gnupg.org) Fingerprint for key  FEF9DD72