[Foundation-l] Future Board election procedures and guidelines

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 19:57:21 UTC 2007

On 16/07/07, Jan-Bart de Vreede <wiki at devreede.net> wrote:

> > I appreciate that you guys want to try to keep Danny out because he
> > ruffled some feathers, but let's not take it out on the rest of us, please?
> >
> Hold on. If the point of this excercise had been to keep Danny of the
> board then we would implemented this proposal before the current
> elections (there was enough time). That was not the intention and never
> has been.

The original discussion arose as a result of Danny's resignation and
intention to run. He is one of two former employees of the Foundation
who have any notable role in the community (the other being Brad, for
those looking blank, and Danny has much higher profile than him). It's
being heavily pushed by Gerard. who has very strong opinions on
Danny's fitness to run, and has indicated on multiple occasions that
he feels his candidature was somehow wrong.

I understand that there *are* broader aspects to this, but I don't
think we can disassociate them entirely from the specific case... and
hard cases always make bad law.

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk