[Foundation-l] Wikimedia Pennsylvania

GerardM gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 15:46:38 UTC 2007

Hoi,
The Wikimedia Foundation is not a member based organisation. One aspect of a
chapter is the organisation of people therefore an member based organisation
makes absolute sense. Creating one US based chapter with the explicit
understanding of providing the organisational support that would be good to
have in this context. At issue is that is a legal entity with its sole
function to provide legal and organisational support for the local chapters.
When and where it makes sense, these can be incorporated as well. When and
where it does not make sense, the local chapters would function
independently within a loose framework. When a local membership implies a
national membership, people should be more or less welcome everywhere..
Exactly how I envision such an organisation should work.
Thanks,
    GerardM