[Foundation-l] Wikimedia Pennsylvania

Casey Brown cbrown1023 at comcast.net
Tue Jul 10 14:38:28 UTC 2007

Just for the record, we are doing State-based chapters at the request of the
Chapters Committee.  We had originally wanted a regional committee, but
ChapComm strongly suggested simply a state organization (and who were we to
argue? :P).

Interesting point about the name.  However, the two do indeed overlap, in
many instances including this one.  Our own article even says that the
internet TLD .pa is used by Panama *and* Pennsylvania jointly, due to the
overlap in their names.  I really don't think it is worth changing at this
moment in time.  After all, there may never be a Wikimedia Panama and it is
just an abbreviation, no official meaning is given.

Casey Brown
Cbrown1023