[Foundation-l] (no subject)

Arne Klempert klempert at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 10:36:01 UTC 2007

On 7/10/07, Austin Hair <adhair at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/9/07, Arne Klempert <klempert at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Until today I never considered it a good idea to relocate the WMF out
> > of the U.S.  Times are changing...
>
> This is preposterous.  That a random American list subscriber
> considers something "The American Way" and thus the some kind of moral
> imperative, a position which only incidentally several Americans have
> openly disagreed with, is no reason to advocate a move to <unnamed
> ethically superior country>.

A random list subscriber?

"I am a legal intern for the Wikimedia Foundation, a member of the
Communications Committee, an OTRS representative on the legal queue
[...]"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Swatjester

Since you obviously took my post literally, let me reassure you, that
I'm not advocating a move to <whereever you want>. I just wanted to
make sure that Dan realizes that the WMF is an international
organization and that it's not set in stone, that "We are an American
registered corporation".

And please keep in mind: this is foundation-l, probably the last place
I would choose to start campaigning for anything I really want to
achieve ;)

Arne