[Foundation-l] Travel policy

Yann Forget yann at forget-me.net
Mon Jul 9 20:03:39 UTC 2007

Hello,

The Uninvited Co., Inc a écrit :
[skip]
> On the other hand, I believe that the foundation would be better served
> by drawing its board from individuals who have already achieved
> sufficient financial independence that they need not look to the
> foundation as a source of financial support.

I really disagree with this. With this kind of reasoning, and in
addition to what others already said, this will insure that there will
never be any board member from Africa, South-America or South-Asia.
There is no better way to keep only Europeans and Americans as board
members that requiring that they "have already achieved sufficient
financial independence". This is plain discrimination to me.

I don't mean that board members should get any financial benefit, but
they should not have to bear expenses because they are board members.

> Steve

Regards,

Yann
--