[Foundation-l] (no subject)

The Uninvited Co., Inc uninvited at nerstrand.net
Mon Jul 9 16:54:43 UTC 2007

<<<Michael Bimmler wrote

Are you seriously comparing cats to children and other dependents?
Focusing on children:
In my opinion, a mature organisation recognises that there are persons
(I don't say "women", I say "persons", incl. men) who have children to
look after but nevertheless want to have a job / have a career / work
in a NGO.
You basically state "If you have children and can't pay a babysitter,
you shouldn't be allowed to be a board member" and I consider this to
be rather an affront and a quite out-of-time opinion.

I have kids at home.  I travel for my job.  When I do so, I am not
reimbursed for dependent care.

Steve