[Foundation-l] Will the Board accept the election result?

GerardM gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 21:21:54 UTC 2007

Hoi,
The difference is in the methodology. When a community is interested in the
election and as a consequence enthuse about this you have what has been the
practice of the previous elections. Gregory added to the process the
automated electioneering that is common to American elections. This resulted
in a change of my appreciation of what is permissible. It resulted in people
removing e-mail as a method of getting into contact with them. It is the
first time that a method of spamming MediaWiki users was proven to be
feasible.

Again for the record, as Gregory has been instrumental in making this
functionality available to other projects it ended reasonably positive.

Thanks,
    GerardM