[Foundation-l] translation and the GFDL

GerardM gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 18:54:54 UTC 2007

Hoi,
"In essence" is my interpretation of what is done. I am not a lawyer but I
do know that some quality expertise is going in the wording and of the text
that explain the license for a specific legal system.

I am happy to learn that you know how it fails, I am sure that you have
informed the Creative Commons about this.

As to CeCILL is it a recognised Free license ? And I am sorry to be dim it
is the first time that I have heard of it .. for those as clueless as I am
.. http://www.cecill.info/index.en.html .. this is what I read there "Free
Software licenses conforming to French law."

So not being a lawyer, I am still not impressed because the difference
between this and the CC licenses is that the CC licenses are meant for EVERY
country not just France.

Thanks,
     GerardM

PS Kelly, does this make me a hater of everything French ??? :)