[Foundation-l] Election mailings

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 17:45:27 UTC 2007

On 05/07/07, effe iets anders <effeietsanders at gmail.com> wrote:
> Actually, that would just mean that you make it some easier to
> subscribe to a mailinglist of announcements, which is indeed something
> else. I am not opposed to that, but it should however be possible to
> unsubscribe from that without removing your emailaddress.

What I was envisaging is - and I know this is the cardinal sin of
offhandedly proposing mediawiki patches to solve a problem - a second
tickbox, so you'd have "enable mail through special:emailuser" and
"enable email announcements from Wikimedia". Default both on; turning
the second off would give you no announcements but still emailable.

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk