[Foundation-l] Election mailings

effe iets anders effeietsanders at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 16:57:18 UTC 2007

Actually, that would just mean that you make it some easier to
subscribe to a mailinglist of announcements, which is indeed something
else. I am not opposed to that, but it should however be possible to
unsubscribe from that without removing your emailaddress.

@Maxwell: I think you really don't get what I am trying to tell, as
you keep speaking about which community "needs" it. In my opinion spam
is not an allowed mean to notify people, and I think you made a big
mistake when you started with it. Trying to artificially restore a
balance is imho quite wrong, as it implies that there should be a
certain balance in the votes. And as we are all biased on this, as we
are part of one side of that balance, I think it is very weird that
one of us decides whether the balance is disturbed, especially when
the balance is purely a matter of interpretation.

I read somewhere quickly that you are research officer of the
Wikimedia Foundation, and that you might have done this with that hat.
I sincerely hope that that rumour is false, although it would plee you
free (as i said, i think two bodies could decide to this imho, the
foundation or the community, and as officer you represent the
foundation), it would certainly damage my view of the wikimedia
foundation. But I guess this has been spoken about in the large
thread, although I couldn't find that so fast.

Regards, Lodewijk