[Foundation-l] Election mailings

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 15:25:38 UTC 2007

On 7/5/07, Jesse Martin (Pathoschild) <pathoschild at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Note my definition of a "community member" that you snipped out of the
> quote: anyone who has any participation in or reads community pages.
> This only excludes users whose *only* participation is editing
> articles, and does not result in an echo chamber. As I said, previous
> announcement methods tended to exclude non-community users.

I find it interesting that you seem to be suggesting that only the
minority of people who are writing about Wikipedia rather than writing
Wikipedia, much less the huge majority reading Wikipedia should have a
say in how it is run.

In any case, ... your position is what it is, but it is not the rules
of the election.  If we want to limit the election to only certain
cliques of people then we should state that upfront and honestly.  ...
and not hope to achieve the same result by claiming something else and
allowing or introducing systematic biases against everyone outside of
the preferred club.