[Foundation-l] Update board meeting report june 2007

Delphine Ménard notafishz at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 15:09:28 UTC 2007

On 7/5/07, Brion Vibber <brion at wikimedia.org> wrote:

> > Just seen in the report:
> > "Next, we discussed what do to with the wikipedia.com portal, and
> > agreed to the concept of setting up a specific portal, where we could
> > explain more about the projects, about the Foundation, welcome
> > services etc... all things to be discussed in length as wikipedians
> > know perfectly to do."
>
> I would strongly object to this. The principle of least surprise would
> tell us to continue using *.wikipedia.com simply as a redirect to
> *.wikipedia.org.

[snip the good argumentation]

Seconded.

If we change one it should be wikipedia.org and wikipedia.com should
stay a redirect.

As for different information, I believe wikimedia.org should be the
one with information about the organisation(s) and possibly the
projects.

Oscar and Erik did ask me to think about it a long time ago, and I
never found the time.

Delphine
--
~notafish