[Foundation-l] for the future...

Jesse Martin (Pathoschild) pathoschild at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 14:46:04 UTC 2007

On 7/5/07, Gabe Johnson <gjzilla at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, but nothing is wrong about, nor is it forbidden, to try to
> increase voter turnout. I see nothing worse about this than, for
> example, [[Rock the Vote]]. ~~~~

There *is* something wrong with 'increasing voter turnout' from a
specific portion of the electorate, but not for others. For example,
artificially increased turnout from en-Wikipedia means less
representation of other projects and wikis. This should be done
globally or not at all, and by mailing list or opt-in rather than with
notification spam.

Yours cordially,
Jesse Martin (Pathoschild)