[Foundation-l] Project portals (was: Update board meeting report june 2007)

Stephen Bain stephen.bain at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 14:29:52 UTC 2007

On 7/5/07, elisabeth bauer <eflebeth at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Just seen in the report:
> "Next, we discussed what do to with the wikipedia.com portal, and
> agreed to the concept of setting up a specific portal, where we could
> explain more about the projects, about the Foundation, welcome
> services etc... all things to be discussed in length as wikipedians
> know perfectly to do."

On a related topic, what would people think of improving the main
portals for the projects other than Wikipedia? The Wikipedia portal
[1] works very nicely, and I think it would be a simple matter to give
the other projects a similarly elegant and professional look simply by
copying the design and substituting the central logo. The stacks of
books could be substituted to add a little flavour; Wikinews for
example could have little stacks of newspapers instead.

--
[1] the one at http://www.wikipedia.org

--
Stephen Bain