[Foundation-l] for the future...

Any File anysomefile at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 13:10:06 UTC 2007

" Jon Harald S?by " wrote:
> I was about to suggest the same thing, but technically slightly different;
> instead of having such notification as part of the standard email yes/no
> option, create a separate option saying "Allow the Wikimedia Foundation to
> notify me of important events (only used once or twice annually)", or
> something like it. It should, however, be quite clear that  [...]

This seems a very interesting option.
It can be added a selection about the preferred language too.

The only problems that I can see for this to be done is the extra work
needed by dev for implement that and what to do with old account.

And moreover: would be the election notice be send to all user or just
to who is eligible to vote? And if to all, also to blocked account?
And what about people that have account on several project? Are they
going to recive multiple e-mail? (this problem could be inserted in
single login issue).

AnyFile