[Foundation-l] spamming of the english wikipedia users detected

Tuvic tuvic.tuvic at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 12:54:55 UTC 2007

That's totally incorrect. The checkbox says "Enable e-mail from other
users", not "Enable bot-generated targetted mailings". It's an abuse
of the e-mail-function according to me: this is not what it's meant
for. I can see this slipping into signpost updates, Rfd-notices, and a
whole lot of other purposes, and it will probably end in users
disabling the e-mail function.