[Foundation-l] [Announcement] Welcome Mike !

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Wed Jul 4 03:12:51 UTC 2007

On 7/3/07, Andrew Gray <shimgray at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 03/07/07, Gregory Maxwell <gmaxwell at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 7/3/07, Florence Devouard <anthere at anthere.org> wrote:
> > > Dear Wikimedians,
> > >
> > > Please join me in welcoming Mike Godwin as our new General Counsel and
> > > Legal Coordinator.
> >
> > Ah... It's nice that we've finally hired some staff where we won't
> > have to worry about Wikipedians arguing if being WMF staff alone is
> > enough to justify an article about them.
> >
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Godwin
>
> I did do a quick double-take at the name...

Heh, I was actually just on that article a couple days ago, while
investigating a theory that as an online discussion grows longer, the
probability of someone being called a troll approaches one.

"It appears you are claiming to be Mike Godwin and editing [[Godwin's
law]]. If you are Mike Godwin then it is inappropriate for you to be
editing content related to yourself. If you are not, then please cease
pretending to be Mr. Godwin." (from [[User talk:Mikegodwin]])

Welcome Mike, any ideas on my theory?  I'm probably just completely
misunderstanding something.

Anthony