[Foundation-l] spamming of the english wikipedia users detected

Dan Rosenthal swatjester at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 19:22:12 UTC 2007

Sure. Those wide number of people on any one specific project or
language are just as much members of the constituency as you are.
Disenfranchising them is against everyone's best interest. The
interests of a few (individuals who end up better off if a core group
of users are the only ones who vote) are not as important as the
interests of the whole. The Wikimedia Foundation represents everyone,
not just a core group of users, and if we continue to have just a
core group of users voting, our elections will become inbred, sick,
and unrepresentative.

-Dan Rosenthal