[Foundation-l] spamming of the english wikipedia users detected

Dan Rosenthal swatjester at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 15:35:23 UTC 2007

I disagree.

The email-user function is opt-in, explicitly and clearly so. The
subject of the emails is clearly related to both the Wikimedia
foundation, and the project they are being emailed on. The fact that
it is on a larger scale does not have anything to do with the fact
that it is a related, important message, that is clearly about the
project.

-Dan