[Foundation-l] Don't waste your vote!

Jon Harald Søby jhsoby at gmail.com
Sun Jul 1 20:50:25 UTC 2007

On 7/1/07, Anthony <wikimail at inbox.org> wrote:

> On 6/30/07, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Not true. If your only aim is to prevent a particular candidate from
> > winning, you should vote to everyone else.
>
> <snip>(...) and one vote isn't going to change the election anyway.
> </snip>

Yay, that's the attitude. If just everyone else realised what you have
realised, I would be GodKing of the World by now.</irony>

Everyone should use their right to vote, both on-wiki and in real life; it
is true, your vote only has a small impact, but it still has small impact.
Think about it; what if all the other people who didn't vote agreed with
you, think of the impact you could make together. (I'm not saying that
people should be coordinating their votes here, just that this is people's
one chance at influencing, and should seize it. It doesn't even cost you
anything.)

--
Jon Harald Søby
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Jon_Harald_S%C3%B8by