[Foundation-l] Wikimedia Brand Survey Analysis

Guillaume Paumier guillom.pom at gmail.com
Sun Jul 1 17:15:13 UTC 2007

On 7/1/07, Gary Kirk <gary.kirk at gmail.com> wrote:

> I wouldn't say that. It was a personal survey Erik carried out and he
> is merely reporting what he discovers as it stands - it is still open
> and ongoing, as he says.
>
> On 01/07/07, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:
> > 12 people is not "strong support". If 12 people is a large majority of
> > those that responded, then your survey was a completely failure and
> > you can't draw any conclusions from it. You're going to have to try
> > again and do something to get more people to respond.

I would also think the survey is completely flawed if 12 people are
considered a majority. Yes, you are right, Gary, this survey was a personal
initiative from Erik. If we want to get more opinions, I would advocate for
a larger survey that would be less "personal" and that would be organized in
coordination with more people (for instance the Marketing Committee, whose
members are advisors for the board in terms of visual identity).

--
Guillaume Paumier
[[m:User:guillom]]