[Foundation-l] Don't waste your vote!

Søren Kiersted wisewisard at googlemail.com
Sun Jul 1 02:05:19 UTC 2007

On 6/30/07, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:
> Not true. If your only aim is to prevent a particular candidate from
> winning, you should vote to everyone else. That way, if, without your

But what person has only one aim?
There are people I think are best, people I think are good, people I
think are less good, people I think don't matter, and a person I think
is bad.

If I select the only best, if they do not have a good chance to win
then it creates a chance to let the bad in. If I select all but the
bad, I risk helping the less good win.

So the most desired result comes from picking only the good who are
likely to win. If I waste my selection on unlikely options then I am
not doing all I could to keep out the bad. If I vote for everyone
except the bad I am not expressing my preference for good.