[Foundation-l] Fair Use (again)

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 08:18:28 UTC 2007

On 31/01/07, George Herbert <george.herbert at gmail.com> wrote:

> Our working assumption there is "so what?", and that nobody's going to
> come after the foundation for any of the IP involved, again because
> there's no money in it and the horrible publicity which would ensue.

It should be pointed out that our powers of horrible publicity are
pretty strong, as long as we try very hard not to use them. c.f. the
Microsoft-Wikipedia press from last week - if (for some stupid reason)
we'd *wanted* to keep that in the media, it would still be going now.
Just in time for the Vista launch!

If we're ever attacked badly enough, we could really make the attacker
deeply regret trying.

- d.