[Foundation-l] Moldavian

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 19:29:22 UTC 2007

Andre Engels schreef:
> On the Moldavian Wikipedia it says for over a month "This wiki has been
> closed for now." Is there any outlook on whether 'for now' means 'for ever'
> or that it will be re-opened at some time? I am asking because I want to
> know what to do with the interwiki for the bot. If the wiki is closed down
> for good, I intend to remove them silently; if it will be opened up again
> some time soon, I want to keep them in the same way as to 'normal'
> Wikipedias.
Hoi,
The closure was done without the consent of the board. The language
committee was asked to formulate an opinion, it is not of the opinion
that the current situation is good. We proposed that this wiki would be
reopened and that discussions would start on how the Moldovan and the
Romanian Wikipedia can work together. An essential part of the time
frame that will exist before this merger is that any vandalism will
result in a ban for all the projects that such a person is involved in.

It is particularly the vandalism that made the huha around the Moldovan
Wikipedia so unpalatable.

Thanks,
    GerardM