[Foundation-l] Fair Use (again)

rfrangi at libero.it rfrangi at libero.it
Tue Jan 30 10:09:26 UTC 2007

> That may not be true in 10 or 20 years, but for now, we should embrace
> Fair Use and use it.  Fairly, legally, and stomping on those who would
> attempt to abuse Fair Use in our project, but we should embrace it
> nonetheless.
>

> --
> -george william herbert
> george.herbert at gmail.com

I beg you all, please consider that a considerable part of the contributors to Wikimedia projects (and possibly a considerable part of people willing to reuse commercially its contents) cannot embrace fair use, simply because fair use does not exist in their legislation.

And once again, if the point is to stick to the GFDL, fair use contents is not compliant.

If the ponit is "articles look better with... whatever", some go for fair use, some others go for NC images. And even if I don't want neither, I have to say that fair use is something decided by the user (possibly wrongly), NC is something decided by the author (thus safer from the point of view of a legal action).

Roberto (Snowdog)