[Foundation-l] The Ideal Wiki Software

Tangotango tangotango at wikignome.net
Wed Jan 24 12:59:12 UTC 2007

Ironically, I'm currently in the process of developing a full-text (i.e.,
image titles and descriptions) gallery-based search engine for images on
Commons. The code and interface has been there since December, it just needs
frequent updating of the index and moving to the toolserver, and a few more
tweaks. Although I can't make any promises, I expect the tool to be up and
running by mid-February.

As an alternative, you can try Duesentrieb's highly versatile MediaSearch
<http://tools.wikimedia.de/~daniel/WikiSense/MediaSearch.php>, which
searches inside categories and can filter by license, type, and image size,
etc.
, but doesn't do full-text description searches.

Cheers,

Tangotango