[Foundation-l] WikiGadugi Wikipedia Rating???

geni geniice at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 00:10:28 UTC 2007

On 1/21/07, Dmcdevit <dmcdevit at cox.net> wrote:
> This is a copy-and-paste from Wikipedia's own information pages on the
> matter. I won't claim to be the expert here. Perhaps you could fix them
> then, or maybe even *say* what the problem is?

The problem in short is that neither wikipedia or the foundation are
significant copyright holders. Thus there is not normaly a need to
credit them. The people who need to be credited are the authors. In
the case of the pictures I mentioned that would be me.  Legaly I could
file a DMCA takdown notice over those pics (well once I figured out
which legal system applied). The foundation couldn't.

The GFDL requires the author be credited not a publisher.

--
geni