[Foundation-l] Board meeting in Rotterdam later this week

geni geniice at gmail.com
Sat Jan 20 13:21:49 UTC 2007

> If you think that youtube and flickr are so much the way to go, by all
> means go ahead;

[[Irony]]

> I certainly said nothing about them.and whatever their
> copyright policy may be.

You basicaly suggested following their copyright policy.

>"Caring" (whatever you mean by that) about
> copyright need not imply paranoia that borders on ass-kissing.

That would be aa strawman. If we took that aproach commons would be
rather less full.

> It means that as long as your talking theoretically about images that
> you only hypothesizing your answers have no basis in fact.

En.Wikipedia has 692,119 media files. There is nothing theoretical.

> Courts like
> to reject cases that are based on hypothetical facts.

I think people sueing us our our uploaders will not be talking about
hypothetical cases.
--
geni