[Foundation-l] wap.fluffypeople.com/wiki is gone

Jon Harald Søby jhsoby at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 21:03:01 UTC 2007

> ANYWAY - it occurred to me that if we want to make Wikimedia projects
> available to people - should we run our own WAP server? Or supply a
> suitable feed or software as a paid feed for phone companies who want
> to sell this to their customers? Or get them to give us the access to
> supply knowledge to the world this way?
>
> (Given our fundraiser shortfall, options that involve money coming to
> WMF are probably the nicest.)
>
> Does any of this sound at all feasible? Not that I'm volunteering for
> the project ... just floating the idea.

I like the Wapedia project [1] a lot - it supports a lot of languages
(most languages with more than 1000 articles), and is (afaik)
non-commercial, and is, of course, a really handy tool. How about
giving it "official status" and financial support?

[1] http://wapedia.mobi/

--
Best regards,
Jon Harald Søby