[Foundation-l] In defence of Google

Mathias Schindler mathias.schindler at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 17:37:09 UTC 2007

On 1/18/07, Gerard Meijssen <gerard.meijssen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hoi,
> Recently there has been a lot of traffic about search engines. The tone
> of these discussions have been hostile towards Google.

I do not consider these discussions representative in how Wikipedians
see the work of the commercial search engines and their impact in how
Wikipedia developed. There has been great collaboration in many
specific problems.

I am quite worried about the lack of facts in those speculation that
usually lead to "Wikipedia vs. Yahoo/Google/whatever".

Mathias