[Foundation-l] Board meeting in Rotterdam later this week

Husky huskyr at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 15:36:34 UTC 2007

The vast majority of album covers on the English Wikipedia are not used in
the context of 'album cover analysis' are anything like that, but usually
just to give an overview of albums by a certain artist or even to use as a
photograph to identify the artist. The problem therefore still remains that
a large part of articles can't be freely distributed (with images) without
checking first if there are any copyright problems. E.g. the Dutch-language
Wikipedia doesn't allow album and book covers under fair use, even though it
is probably legal under Dutch law (a proposal to include album covers with
articles was voted down). Having fair use on the English Wikipedia therefore
makes it more difficult to distribute its contents.

-- Hay Kranen / [[User:Husky]]