[Foundation-l] wikiseek & wikiwax is out

David Strauss david at fourkitchens.com
Wed Jan 17 09:11:53 UTC 2007

Please reexamine what *free* knowledge means in the context of Wikipedia
and the GFDL. Wikipedia's sense of "free" includes other people's
freedom to profit from the work.

Regarding brands, "wiki" is not one. Wiki is a type of technology and
(possibly) a type of community. Wikimedia, Wikipedia, and Wikia are brands.

And before you accuse Wikiseek of being a corrupt commercial preemption
of Wikiasari, you should remember something: not only does Wikiasari
only exist in rumor, it's probably also commercial. Neither Wikiasari
nor Wikiseek is a charitable project of the Wikimedia Foundation.