[Foundation-l] Board meeting in Rotterdam later this week

teun spaans teun.spaans at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 11:09:47 UTC 2007

> If
> 'fair use' in the broad terms of American law would be available in many
> more countries it would make sense to allow it on Wikimedia projects, but at
> the moment it is an almost exclusively American law, and raises many
> problems on non-English projects.
Which again shows that "fair use" images are not free, applicable only
on american territory, and so is again an argument to do away with
fair use image on wikis in all languages, including the english
language.

In another related thread it was coprrectly pointed out that there is
a difference between the italian wiki and italy. I'd like to point out
that there is a similar difference between the english wiki and the
usa and gt britain. There is also Australia, New Zealand, Canada and
India to consider, where many people have english as their primary
language. Not to mention the rest of the world. :-)

teun