[Foundation-l] Diversity and NC images - Board meet

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Mon Jan 15 02:13:50 UTC 2007

Gerard Meijssen wrote:

>luke brandt schreef:
>

>>I'll put to you another case.. Suppose someone offers you some fish. Do
>>you say "I can only accept if I'm allowed to resell the fish, and for a
>>profit." Or do you say "Thank you sir." - luke
>>

>Hoi,
>When I am hungry and someone offers me a fish, and insists on telling me
>a long winded story with what I can and cannot do with the fish, I will
>wait and salivate from hunger. I will say thank you .. and think: "what
>an arrogant prick".. he knows I am hungry .. I want to grill, cook it
>with herbs and butter.. I am HUNGRY why does he not allow me to go home
>and cook !!

There's a difference when you want to sell it instead of eat it.  If you
live in a landlocked country where fish is not normally eaten you may
even think that it stinks and you cannot possibly hold it down in your
stomach.  You may know someone else who is willing to take your fish
intrade for "real food".  Where does that put you if this is not allowed
by the donor?

Ec