[Foundation-l] Board meeting in Rotterdam later this week

David Strauss david at fourkitchens.com
Sun Jan 14 01:47:50 UTC 2007

Perhaps we should require fair use justification for non-commercial
media. Of course, this would be a per-Wikipedia issue, not a Foundation one.

Requiring fair-use justification for non-commercial images forces one of
two outcomes:
1) The non-commercial image is revealed to be non-essential or
replaceable with a free image. The non-commercial image is replaced with
something free.
2) The non-commercial image is justified as essential, and people can
redistribute the Wikipedia article (and its media) under fair use,
non-commercial use, or both.