[Foundation-l] Diversity and NC images - Board meet

luke brandt shojokid at gmail.com
Sat Jan 13 14:14:22 UTC 2007

Gerard Meijssen wrote:

> luke brandt schreef:
>
>> It seems to me that the opposition to NC is based on a most curious and
>> imperfect interpretation of the word 'free,' one that seeks to encompass
>> the freedom to make a profit from other people's efforts. I therefore
>> hope that the Foundation won't have any truck with the idea of diluting
>> its previous attitude to autonomy - luke
>
> Hoi,
> Your POV is not what the Foundation has expressed from the start. I
> think you are completely wrong in this.
> Thanks,
>      GerardM

Hi Gerard,
I shouldn't have interjected the word 'therefore' as I think there are
other good reasons for autonomy as well, as I earlier surmised you do
too. But I'd be interested to know why you disagree on NC. I already
read Eric's arguments:

http://intelligentdesigns.net/Licenses/NC

as well as this reply:

http://cites.boisestate.edu/v6i3e.htm

and I'd be interested to know your view.

Thanks
luke