[Foundation-l] Turkish Wikipedia won Golden Spider- 2006 Best Content Prize

A. Özgür Erdemli dbl2010 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 17:41:15 UTC 2007

Hi everybody,

I wanted to share a great news with all wikimedians. Although it is not
officially announced yet I got an email today from the Golden Spider Web
Awards Organization. Turkish Wikipedia won Golden Spider- 2006 Best Content
Prize. The Golden Spider award is a nation wide, most famous and most
reputable web award organization in Turkey.

Couple pictures from previous years ceremonies:
http://www.ntvmsnbc.com/news/90164.jpg
http://www.telepati.com.tr/agustos05/gorsel/spider.jpg
http://www.telepati.com.tr/temmuz05/gorsel/Turkcell-AltinOrumcek.jpg
http://www.turkline.com/altinorumcek.php

The ceremony will be held on 25 January 2007. We are currently trying to
figure it out, who will go get the prize, since there is no Turkish chapter
yet. Probably some old Wikipedia fellow will go and get it and send to
Wikimedia Foundation and WMF keep the prize safe until "Wikimedia Turkiye"
go live. That what I am thinking.

Thanks.

Dbl2010