[Foundation-l] Fundraising and site notice

Anthony wikilegal at inbox.org
Tue Jan 9 16:40:38 UTC 2007

On 1/9/07, Gerard Meijssen <gerard.meijssen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Anthony schreef:
> > I was stripped of my membership in the Foundation a month or so ago.
> > It's not US.  It's them (the board).
> Hoi,
> When this is your attitude, I will not bother to convince you.  Because
> they are not your projects nor is it your foundation that we are talking
> about. I am also of the opinion that you just disqualified yourself to
> have relevance on the foundation-l.
>
> I am glad to associate myself with the Wikimedia Foundation even when I
> do not agree with all of the things it does.. However it provides a
> resource that is really important to me.

I don't think it has to be my foundation in order to have an interest
in it.  I'm very much committed to the vision of "a world in which
every single person on the planet is given free access to the sum of
all human knowledge".  And I think the Foundation has done a lot of
things that have helped move toward that vision.  But it's not my
Foundation.  I participate in this mailing list as an interested
person, and as someone willing to help out.

But why should I waste my breath?  If you'd prefer to avoid continuing
this discussion by attacking me personally instead of responding to my
points, that's your perogative.

Anthony