[Foundation-l] Mission/Vision Statement

teun spaans teun.spaans at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 16:26:33 UTC 2007

Thx,

Indeed, I'd like to make clear that our vision should encompass both
kinds of "free".

Advertisements are likely to tarnish the strictly neutral image of our
projects. take the example of the Microsoft articles on wikipedia.
Microsoft the company, and articles on their products.
Using the google context ad-aware system, the most logical ads would
be for exactly ... uh, these microsoft products. You cant fool me -
even if the people could easily distinguish articles and ads,
unconsciously they would be influenced.

Waerth en GerardM argued that people ignore ads. If they were right,
companies would no longer spend a dime on ads. But they are spending
billions on them.

teun