[Foundation-l] Mission/Vision Statement

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Fri Jan 5 23:21:06 UTC 2007

> What happens when webpages are replaced by GopherNG? ;)

Well, we're not saying anything about the web, we're saying
"Internet". In that respect, "multilingual wiki projects" is much more
tech-centric. But either seems fine with me; if these solutions become
outdated, we will simply update our mission statement, as we've done
before. It's the vision statement which should be timeless.

> In terms of "free licensing / free availability distinction" we're
> also failing on that mark with the words "under a free license or in
> the public domain" because "free license" is used to refer to both
> Free Content licenses as well as "non-free content licenses which are
> available for public use at no charge". I suspect the price or ability
> to alter the license itself is immaterial to our goals ;).

Hair splitting, but we can change it to "free content license".
--
Peace & Love,
Erik