[Foundation-l] Donation of DVDs to Wikimedia Foundation Projects

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 21:21:26 UTC 2007

Wikinews also accepts nd (I.e. Obnoxiously not free content) images,
so I'm not inclined to give any weight to their decisions.

Most of the opposition to gfdl images I see on commons are half truths
and simple misinformation.

As mentioned, the GFDL v2 draft does allow some reproduction without the text.

I just don't see why there is so much flak for the gfdls attempt to
ensure recipents know their rights vs cc's effort to promote their
brand and website (esp when the creative commons site promote licenses
which are not free content licenses and the majority of uses of cc
licenses are using the non free ones).