[Foundation-l] Donation of DVDs to Wikimedia Foundation Projects

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 18:05:08 UTC 2007

Nothing demands that you convert the license to video... That's about
the least sane thing to do... :) just provide a single copy of gfdl
(in text) with every copy you create of an aggregate work which
contains gfdl parts.

The draft of GFDL v2 waves the requirement when the amount of text
copied is small, it might be useful to include a nod to video... GFDL
isn't a good idea for all forms of video but it does have desirable
qualities for educational content, regardless of the medium.